International sales of GeneFrontier's products are carried out by Cosmo Bio USA.
Ordering through the online e-commerce system is available only to customers in the USA and Canada.
GroE Mix is a supplements for PUREfrex® series (Cell-free protein Synthesis Kits) to assist proper folding and improving solubility of the protein that needs molecular chaperones for proper protein folding, since PUREfrex® series (Cell-free protein Synthesis Kits) do not contain molecular chaperones.
GroE Mix is constituted of highly purified GroEL (known as Hsp60) and GroES (working in conjunction with GroEL) from E.coli with the optimized ratio.
GroE Mix works very well with PUREfrex® series (Cell-free protein Synthesis Kits) in a same tube for protein synthesis reaction, which could lead to the preparation of your protein in proper folding with good solubility according to the character of your protein.
Figure. Effect of GroE Mix on the solubility of synthesized proteins.
(T: total reaction mixture, S: supernatant, P: precopitate fractions)
General procedures for using PUREfrex® to synthesize functional proteins are shown in Figure.
Start by preparing the template DNA suitable to the protein synthesis with PUREfrex® and examine whether the protein of interest is synthesized. Redesign the nucleotide sequence of the template DNA if too little protein is synthesized.
Add GroE Mix as supplement to PUREfrex® reaction mixture if the solubility or activity of the synthesized protein is low.
The amounts given are for 20 µL reaction with PUREfrex®2.0. For scaling up the reaction, adjust the volume of reagents accordingly.
1. Thaw Solution I by incubation at room temperature or 37 °C for 1 minute for completely dissolving, and then cool on ice.
2. Thaw Solution II, III and GroE Mix on ice.
3. Mix Solution I, II, III and GroE Mix by vortex and centrifuge briefly to collect each solution at the bottom.
4. Assemble the reaction mixture in a tube as follows. DO NOT add GroE Mix at this step. Add the template DNA to 1 - 3 ng/µL per 1 kb.
|Solution I||10 μL|
|Solution II||1 μL|
|Solution III||2 μL|
5. Incubate the tube at 37 °C for 15 minutes.
(To prevent an inhibition of transcription, we recommend a pre-incubation before addition of GroE Mix.)
6. Make a Two-fold dilution of GroE*1 Mix with Dilution buffer and add 1 µL to incubated tube in Step 5.
7. Incubate the tube at 37 °C for 2 - 6 hours on a heat block or a water bath.
8. Analyze the synthesized products. Please add the same amount of H2O to the reaction for the sample of SDS-PAGE.
- The optimum concentration of GroE Mix depends on a protein. Please use "Dilution buffer" (in the kit) to dilute the GroE mix.
Kit components <GroE Mix>
for 500 μL rxn
for 2 mL x 5 rxn
||12.5 µL||50 µL x 5||20µM GroEL, 14-mer form, and 40µM GroES, 7-mer form, from E.coli in 30% glycerol buffer (No tags)
||-80 °C *2|
||500 µL||500 µL x 1||30% glycerol buffer
- Indicated temperature shows storage temperature after opening the kit. Please store the kit at -80 °C before opening.
- The rest of solution should be frozen rapidly in liquid nitrogen or dry ice/ethanol, and be stored at -80 °C. Divide into aliquots, if necessary, and avoid refreeze and thaw as much as possible.
GroE Mix is developed for in vitro research only. GroE Mix should not be used for the therapy, diagnostic or administration to animals including human and should not be used as food or cosmetics etc. To avoid the contamination of nuclease, nuclease-free-treated water, reagents and materials should be used. We also recommend wearing gloves and mask.
"PUREfrex® is Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office"
On the Resources page, you can find posters and technical notes about PUREfrex®.
Additionally, there are papers that use PUREfrex® or PURE system technology.
When your protein needs an assistance of molecular chaperone or a formation of a disulfide bond to form a correct conformation, we have supplemental reagents by simply adding to PUREfrex® series.
Cell-free Protein Synthesis Kits
for Basic Research and Customized kit
- PF001-0.25-EX, PF001-0.25-5-EX
for Syntesis Proteins
- PF201-0.25-EX, PF201-0.25-5-EX
for Forming Disulfide Bonds
- PF213-0.25-EX, PF213-0.25-5-EX
Supplements – Chaperones –
These are supplement for PUREfrex® which is molecular chaperone to be aggregate-prone protein in a soluble form.
Supplements – Forming disulfide bonds –
This is supplement for synthesizing proteins containing disulfide bonds in an active form.